Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

can anyone recommend good winter outdoor wear for kids

(13 Posts)
addressbook Thu 18-Aug-11 21:18:13

I am in Scotland and anticipating another big freeze this winter!

The problem I had last winter was going out in minus 12 degrees and my ds complaining of cold feet after 20 mins despite being in wellies and two pairs of socks (one pair being thick walking socks).

Is it worth buying snow boots?

Also I have a 2 year old dd. I can't seem to find salopettes small enough. Can anyone recommend good waterproof, warm trousers for toddlers.

MayDayChild Thu 18-Aug-11 21:21:51

Toddlers have all in Ones like snow suits but you can get waterproof ones. They are fleece lined. Bushbaby, or search for baby ski wear. I have a muddy puddles suit totally waterproof !
Def get snowboots. Mothercare did cheap ones last year or Clarks do them. Get an eBay habit! If only to sell them next year (just after christmas when everyone wants snow gear!!)

MayDayChild Thu 18-Aug-11 21:22:48

All ski wear I have ever bought is HUGE so don't be tempted to buy next size up necessarily.

silverfrog Thu 18-Aug-11 21:24:03

spotty otter stuff is good, adn really warm. both dds had this last year (well, year before last, but stil fitted last year too) and were warm as toast.

addressbook Thu 18-Aug-11 21:24:53

thanks MayDayChild - will look those up

I hope it won't be as cold but no doubt it will! I know it is only august but they need new coats as well so trying to spread the cost!

bran Thu 18-Aug-11 21:31:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bran Thu 18-Aug-11 21:46:35

bran Thu 18-Aug-11 21:48:48

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Aug-11 21:50:32

Bush Baby stuff is fab! We had a 10 days or so of -12 last winter (W Yorks), luckily I had just got DS some snowboots from another MNer. Worth every penny at twice the price. Their shop is near us, but the Little Trekkers website is very good too.

chelseamorning Tue 13-Sep-11 10:37:02

We've used viking kids before for our DS who is now almost 5. Great waterproof gear and warm cosy clothing you can layer.

Kelly1267 Tue 13-Sep-11 13:32:07

I had the same trouble, a lot of kids clothes doesnt seem too warm. I found some good designer childrenswear <from scarlet sky, and their winter range seems quite warm.

Ive got stuff from Muddy Puddles and its good quality and warm.

here

nuttysquirrel Sun 16-Oct-11 21:53:59

I would second the spotty otter kit from Little Trekkers, especially the down stuff.....
www.littletrekkers.co.uk/
We live in the highlands and they do for our two!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now