Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Is it worth buying good quality wellies for nursery?

(11 Posts)
electra Mon 15-Aug-11 23:28:04

I don't want to buy ones that are cheap but uncomfortable or get wet but OTOH I'm thinking it's probably not worth buying hunters for a 2 year old.

piprabbit Mon 15-Aug-11 23:30:31

Just buy cheapie wellies - unless the nursery is hot on taking the children out for very long and muddy walks off the premises.

Tommy Mon 15-Aug-11 23:37:18

I think we left DS3's wellies at nursery - thanks for reminding me. good thing they were hand me downs cheapo ones
Not sure they wear them for any length of time TBH - just for going outside when it was raining

Humpletumple Mon 15-Aug-11 23:40:11

cheap wellies are fine

meditrina Mon 15-Aug-11 23:43:07

Never get anything for use in a nursery that you would mind going missing the first time it went in.

Get cheap wellies. I doubt there's any relation between price and comfort anyhow.

cat64 Mon 15-Aug-11 23:43:24

Message withdrawn

Muckyhighchair Mon 15-Aug-11 23:54:21

You could try joules wellies, not cheap cheap but no where as dear as hunters, around 15, but you can get them cheaper. Plus they do some very nice patterns

ChippingIn Mon 15-Aug-11 23:56:46

Cheap wellies - plain pair - decorate them with said child (waterproof pens) and put their name on the outside.

Send nothing to nursery that you would be upset to have go missing.

madhattershouse Mon 15-Aug-11 23:57:20

Buy cheap! They rarely wear them and will grow out of them so quickly it is not worth forking out for the more pricey ones!

electra Tue 16-Aug-11 00:02:25

Thanks for advice. Yes, I can't imagine they take pre-schoolers out in the rain for extended periods. I remember well how my older children's things went missing at nursery so I'll be putting labels on everything this time though not sure if that will help or not!

nappyaddict Fri 16-Sep-11 22:44:07

I just got the cheapest pair I could from the charity shop. They didn't tend to go out in the rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now