Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where can I buy knickers for over nappies?/hairclips?

(4 Posts)
Lizzietow Sat 06-Aug-11 10:02:23

Hi- it's been so hot and muggy recently and I don't want to put my 10 month old in a vest as well as dresses. But then her nappy is very visible under the dress and my partner thinks it looks 'slovenly' haha!!
I just wondered if you could buy packs of knickers for over nappies at this age?
Thanks!
Also- while I'm on- hairclips for this age? Has anyone bought any really good ones?

Cattleprod Sat 06-Aug-11 10:07:34

Sainsburys had some, bit frilly and not my taste. They might have little shorts if you want something plainer.

Neverlandpirate Sat 06-Aug-11 10:10:13

Hi. Marks and spencers sells knickers for over a nappy, they a quite cute as a bit frilly, and look ok under a dress, I think mothercare make similar ones.

With hair clips, I find at the moment the monsoon ones the best as the tapered end of them is kind of covered in a bit so their hair doesn't get caught up in them. There are some other ones I bought in Sainsburies the other day that have a little bit of silicone or similar material inside the clip which helps the clip stay in the hair better as it forms a better grip.

Clares accessories do a good range or young girl clips, I find not all are suitable for my dd as her hair is quite shiny and some of their clips slide out. When dd was very young I didn't use clips that much as she used to pull them out herself in the career and stick them in her mouth!..so I bought tiny bobbles instead and used these instead to keep the hair off her face.

Lizzietow Sat 06-Aug-11 12:33:48

Wow that's really helpful, thanks! I'll definitely try m&s and sainsbury's. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now