Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

school trousers for tall skinny four year old

(10 Posts)
levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 20:20:58

Where can I find some? I bought some in Sainsburys but they are too short and too big round the waist.

They need to be grey. Anyone have any ideas?

sittinginthesun Sun 31-Jul-11 20:23:11

M & S do grey school trousers with adjustable waists. They are elasticated, but with the adjustable elastic inside.

bananamam Sun 31-Jul-11 20:26:14

Next do skinny ones. DS is 4 and v tall and skinny. Everything else looks silly on him! Most of his uniform is age 7!

Sewilma Sun 31-Jul-11 20:28:17

I second M&S! They usually come up big so generally a bit more length in them. They have a two-pair grey pack at the moment for £6. Apparently they have a stain resistant finish! I'm going uniform shopping in 2 weeks for my 4 year DS who is also skinny and tall so please let me know how you find them! x

levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 20:40:31

Thanks - are the M&S ones quite narrow in the waist? The Sainsbos ones I bought were adjustable but I had to adjust them so much they really bunched up

Thanks for the Next tip

Sewilma Sun 31-Jul-11 20:48:24

I've only seen the trousers online but I have bought a lot of M&S stuff in the past and they've always been quite narrow and usually sit nicely on DS.

greycircles Sun 31-Jul-11 20:51:04

Some John Lewis own brand ones come up slim.

M&S - also - pull in the waist with the internal elastic - yes, it is bunched up but there isn't that much more choice I don't think. I do think M&S in general are wide fitting, but I have bought a couple of these for my tall skinny DS and managed to pull the waist in enough so they don't fall down.

levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 21:22:14

Great thanks everyone, very helpful

Bunbaker Sun 31-Jul-11 21:24:07

"Thanks - are the M&S ones quite narrow in the waist"

No, they are huge. DD look like she is wearing rompers in M & S trousers with adjustable waistbands.

levantine Sun 31-Jul-11 21:36:31

That's useful to know
One of DS's biggest whinges is about trousers falling down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now