Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

M&S gift receipt - will they still accept after expiration date?

(5 Posts)
Medee Tue 26-Jul-11 16:57:14

Hi, have just come across a gift receipt that accompanied a baby jacket which was a duplicate gift. I had assumed I hadn't been given a gift receipt and just resigned myself to an unfortunate doubling up, and it has sat in the wardrobe, still with tags, since. However, I found the receipt today in the bottom of a bag which the gift had come in. The final date for returns was 2/5/11. How likely do you think M&S are to flex that, given I would be happy to exchange it rather than just take a refund?

ElbowFan Tue 26-Jul-11 17:20:28

If they still stock that item I would suspect that they would exchange it.
Go in and ask - nothing to lose really.

ruddynorah Tue 26-Jul-11 17:23:46

You'll get a credit note for the current selling price. This may be lower than the original price.

Medee Mon 01-Aug-11 21:39:10

thanks for your contributions. Turned out it wasn;t the right gift receipt after all, but I still got a credit note, and it was still full price - result!

Pootles2010 Mon 01-Aug-11 21:41:49

Fab! M&s are v good for customer service, so much better than mamas & papas, mothercare et al.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now