Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Grey school trousers for slim boy

(11 Posts)
SparklerainSuntoes Tue 19-Jul-11 21:41:21

My son is tall for his age but ever so slender. He is in size 6-7yr length trousers but they are ever so wide at the waist. I get elasticated ones but because they gather so much at the waist he finds it uncomfortable. Does anyone know of somewhere that sells long, slim fitting school trousers? THanks!

rubyrubyruby Tue 19-Jul-11 21:44:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mercibucket Tue 19-Jul-11 21:45:17

m&s do long fittings for trousers - not tried them though

timetosmile Tue 19-Jul-11 21:46:18

sainsburys seem to fit tall-and-slim quite well, same problem with DS1 here!

sweetiesue Wed 20-Jul-11 14:24:09

Got ds the M&S long length trousers last year. Bought age 4 long for a tall slim 5year old and they were excellent. This year was going to do similar but found that the age 5 long has too much material at waist. Checked out Next slim fit and have hit the jackpot. Age 6 slim fit on a tall slim 6yr old - perfect.

ragged Wed 20-Jul-11 14:33:41

Anybody who does adjustable waist has worked for us, John Lewis, they have slim fits, too.

DavidDickinsonsTan Wed 20-Jul-11 14:34:39

next do a lovely slim fit jean style one, not sure if it comes in the grey though. they def do black and it looks really smart.

sweetiesue Wed 20-Jul-11 14:44:12

Next ones do come in grey - dark and mid. They are what I have got for ds and I am thinking of buying the next size up to put away for next year.

CroissantNeuf Wed 20-Jul-11 14:47:47

Sainsburys do some with adjustable waists that work for DS. They are good value too at 2 pairs for £5-7

SparklerainSuntoes Wed 20-Jul-11 14:54:12

Thanks everyone. Will go and hunt some down now.

Oblomov Wed 20-Jul-11 16:15:28

Next are good for skinny ds(7).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now