We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where can I find school trousers with just elasticated waist?

(6 Posts)
feistywife Fri 15-Jul-11 21:19:09

Do they exist?! Have 4 yr old boy who has JUST finally gotten around to taking himself to bathroom to poop (praise be etc.) and as is off to school in Sept., I want to avoid the potential embarrassment of him soiling himself because can't undo trousers.
So am looking for trousers that don't have one of those silly metal hook/loop closures on them. Ideally just elasticated waist, or a button, or stud closure-does anywhere make them? Thank you!

Kbear Fri 15-Jul-11 21:21:36

M&S and BHS sell them. Only in the bigger sizes like 7 plus do they have a zip and metal hook thing.

feistywife Sat 16-Jul-11 09:43:27

Thx Kbear, knew it made more sense to ask mumsnet than spend fruitless frustrating hours surfing websites... smile

Kbear Sat 16-Jul-11 17:37:30

It is THE rule... ask Mumsnet. Even my DH says it!

WowOoo Sat 16-Jul-11 17:39:34

Ours (sainsbury's) have elastic only at back but I make it tight enough so as not to fall off but loose enough so that he can pull it down. it can be done! Wearing a shirt tucked in helps them stay up.

FrogmellaMoonbeam Sat 16-Jul-11 17:54:18

Sainsburys do elastic only and so do Asda

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now