Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Help! Trying to find UK made Baby Clothes

(7 Posts)
cknaggs Fri 15-Jul-11 13:07:49

Hello, I'm a new mother-to-be and my husband and I have set ourselves the challenge of trying to buy UK made baby clothes!!

We found that all the baby clothes sold in high street stores are made in China, India or Egypt and we would like to support British industry and business.

I've started a blog to record our journey and progress:

madeintheukbaby.wordpress.com

but I desperately need help as it seems to be extremely hard to find UK made baby clothes.

Any suggestions and links are most welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Cathy x

kieracc Tue 19-Jul-11 09:43:56

Hi Cathy,

Good luck, all baby clothes found on the high street seem to be made cheaply abroad. Your best bed would be searching a store that isnt part of a chain, e.g. vanilla bloom. Try contacting them and seeing if they have any clothes made in the uk.

Good luck

cknaggs Tue 19-Jul-11 12:37:27

Hi kieracc

Thanks for your message - I'll check Vanilla Bloom out!

Cathy
x

Bramshott Tue 19-Jul-11 12:47:39

Some of the stuff at Lush Baby which is on Not on the High Street is made in the UK this for example.

Kelly1267 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:21:00

I agree about Vanilla Bloom making lovely clothes, I wouldnt know whether or not they sell british made clothes though. To be honest I think your best shot is to look at designer baby and kids clothes. Scarlet Sky do some lovely clothes, and they sell brands like Hackett London and Joules who are as British as you can hope to get.

Kveta Tue 19-Jul-11 17:25:39

Little Shrimp are british I think.

kellestar Thu 21-Jul-11 20:26:02

I've bought quite a few handmade items, either from local sellers at fairs, or folksy, etsy or not on the high street which are all good sites for people who make their own.

I must admit that I haven't asked if the material they used is UK produced. hmm Though I haven't set that as a specific, I just like handmade items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now