Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Post pregnancy girdles or binding

(4 Posts)
vimtolover Thu 07-Jul-11 11:26:15

i have been researching post pregnancy binding and girdles, it sounds like a good idea to help get your shape back, however there are so many products out there it's hard to know what product might be best. The Belly Bandit came up when I searched but the reviews are bad. Spanx come up as a good support pant but not specifically for post pregancy and there is a product from weight world that looks good as it has 3 size settings.
Has anyone got any experience in this area?
Many Thanks 38 weeks and 2 days!!

apples82 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:13:52

I'll be watching this thread too!

Anyone?

chinateacup Thu 07-Jul-11 12:22:24

<lurks>
I'd probably go for Spanx/ M&S types to hold it all in until that time when they are no longer required in such a huge size

Xiaoxiong Thu 07-Jul-11 16:03:40

I've been doing the same research. Growing up in Asia it was standard that women were tightly wrapped up after birth to get them back into shape faster.

I looked at these: mamasandbabies.blogspot.com/2008/10/postpartum-belly-binding.html
and
community.babycenter.com/post/a4082505/maternity_support_belts
and
www.vespaandtheladybird.com.au/article.html
and
fran-japani.blogspot.com/2010/11/maternity-corset.html

Still haven't decided what to do...I saw some compression leggings at Seraphine when I was there last weekend but no idea if they work:
www.seraphine.com/maternity-clothes-categories/maternity-tights/displayProduct.asp?idproduct=1446&idcategory=131&title=Post+Maternity+Leggings%2C+Maternity+Tights

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now