Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where can I get wide shoes for DS?

(9 Posts)
EasterEggsHaveNoCalories Wed 27-Apr-11 11:20:14

Hi there, I've just had my DS's feet measured and he's coming up as a 4 I. Clarkes only do up to H and we did try some on but surely if he's an I then they shouldn't be trying to sell me an H if they told me that's not his size? I don't know where to go to get extra wide ones (his father has hobbit feet too so I know who to blame!) I've tried him in 12 - 18 month sizes but his feet are wide and chubby (as are his ankles, that's my fault genetically I think!) and most shoes aren't deep enough or have enough room around the ankle.

Hope someone can help! smile

Carrotsandcelery Wed 27-Apr-11 19:48:08

Have you tried the independant shoe shops? Have a look through the yellow pages and try to find one that does lots of different makes of shoes. We use one that stocks a lot of European brands and we have better luck getting a fit that way.

If you can say what city you would be shopping in then others may be able to recommend a shop.

Good luck!

EasterEggsHaveNoCalories Thu 28-Apr-11 20:58:44

Hi Carrots, we are in Shropshire so could shop in Shrewsbury, Chester, Telford or Stafford even. Just unsure if I will be able to get anything if clarkes don't do that wide a fitting does that mean most manufacturers are the same?

MadameCastafiore Thu 28-Apr-11 21:00:32

Try Kickers shoes - DS has bricks for feat like DH and Kickers are great for him.

Carrotsandcelery Thu 28-Apr-11 22:49:45

I am nowhere near Eggs but maybe someone will come along and point you in the right direction. Otherwise I think you may have to phone round them all and ask them.

Thanks both, I will try Kickers and keep my fingers crossed for more suggestions!

inmysparetime Wed 06-Jul-11 13:21:03

Hotter shoes have a wide selection of extra wide shoes but they are about £50 a pair so try to find a discount code.
Doc Martens do shoes, and they come up very wide.

Marne Wed 06-Jul-11 13:26:00

My dd2 wears kickers for her wide feet, i struggle to get her shoes as clarks rarely go up to a H in girls shoes sad. Sometimes we manage to find shoes in TKMax. With kickers i find the lace up boots seem wider than the velcro style.

forrestgump Sun 11-Sep-11 17:56:20

Our youngest daughter has been known to have boys boots for the winter as girls went no where near her feet, I would definately recommend an independent shoe shop over a clarks or start rite. I can't recommend kickers but my children are older and they leak when wet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now