Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where can I get very small first walking shoes? (size 2-3)

(15 Posts)
ThePetiteMummy Sun 24-Apr-11 21:42:17

Dd is about a size 2 or 3, she's 13 months and I think will be walking soon. We did find a nice pair in a small individual shop on holiday recently, but would like some nice little plimsols or croc-type shoes for summer. I really like some of the ones Jojo sell, but they all start at a 4, which I thought she might be ok in, but holding them up to the underneath of her foot they're huge! So does anyone know of any shops/websites that do small walkers? Also, since dd is my first, how quickly can I expect her to go up a size? I have no idea!

LynetteScavo Sun 24-Apr-11 21:49:23

DS1 was a size 3 when he had his first shoes. They were Ricosta. Shoes should las taround 3 months at that age.

LynetteScavo Sun 24-Apr-11 21:50:24

www.startriteshoes.com/girls?product_type=368

LynetteScavo Sun 24-Apr-11 21:52:06

www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-kids/size-is-_2infant/size-is-_3infant/Size-is-_2bdinfant

everyspring Sun 24-Apr-11 21:53:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FessaEst Sun 24-Apr-11 21:58:10

DD had tiny feet when she started walking. We went to a local independant shoe shop - they were brilliant. We ended up with Ecco shoes the first couple of times. Clarks summery shoes are available in a 3 and seem supportive enough imho.

ThePetiteMummy Sun 24-Apr-11 22:16:24

Thanks everyone, the ones in those links look nice Lynette. Good point Everyspring, she's not exactly going hiking just yet! I'll check out Ecco, thanks Fessa! On the plus side, I recently found some shorts & t shirts she was wearing last summer that still fit! (she is growing by the way, just little!)

everyspring Sun 24-Apr-11 23:09:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Apr-11 23:13:55

these start at a 2

hellymelly Sun 24-Apr-11 23:14:26

My dd had startrites for her first shoes,she was a size two and a half at the time. They were very soft and flexible ,although not particularly lovely to look at.

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Apr-11 23:14:36

btw, when she is walking i would get her a proper pair of shoes to start with, not anything croc-type for a bit.

ThePetiteMummy Sun 24-Apr-11 23:43:36

Good point ThisisYest, they're not exactly well fitting or supportive are they! Even when her feet are long enough, they'll definitely be far too wide.

ThePetiteMummy Sun 24-Apr-11 23:46:42

Thanks Helly, I'll have a look at those too!

sleeplessinderbyshire Fri 03-Jun-11 23:21:58

dd was a size 2 for ages. we had aster shoes which were lovely (and come very small and very narrow)

ThePetiteMummy Thu 16-Jun-11 15:57:08

Thanks for that, sorry, only just saw there was another reply! We found some decent ones in Clarkes in her size, they measured her as a 2 1/2 E. It seems the narrow fitting is going to be restrictive as she gets bigger, in terms of choice, as a lot of styles don't seem to come that narrow. Oh well, dh & I also have narrow feet, so not a surprise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now