Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Pre-teen, who hates fashion and jeans growing fast and where to buy new clothes

(9 Posts)
lexcat Sun 02-Jan-11 10:17:37

Nearly every shop we went to in the high street DD(9) eyed up all the clothes that were to small. Then turned her nose up at the clothes in her size.

Gap as the only place with something, trackie bottoms, a fleece and two tops all in the sale. Normally don't shop their because it's to expensive for my pitiful wage. I have been searching on ebay and some of the boden, fatface or surf wear dd likes but normally goes for a good price.

Any one help me find nice simple girls clothes for an fussy young lady (size 10-11-12).

shongololo Sun 02-Jan-11 10:21:09

primark has a god cheap selection

tammy at BHS

New Look's teen section

lexcat Sun 02-Jan-11 10:41:49

Thanks but tried all of them it just teenage clothes that she dislikes. I have to say dd's still is a child and not a teenager why should she be made to be a young woman before her time.

usualsuspect Sun 02-Jan-11 10:52:07

H & M

lexcat Sun 02-Jan-11 10:55:21

H&M was her favourite shop till I could no longer get her in to the smaller sizes. Now dd fast going off H&M.

SlartyBartFast Sun 02-Jan-11 10:59:30

m & S

george at asda

matalan

dont like tammy.

SlartyBartFast Sun 02-Jan-11 11:00:00

peacocks

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Sun 02-Jan-11 11:05:54

H&M do have a lot of teen stuff in that age group but they also have more basic stuff too. I notice lots of hoody-type tops and plain t-shirts and tracksuit pants in colours like purple, turquoise etc. I find sometimes there it is like mini-hooker central then then others you can be lucky. My niece is 10 so I I tend to shop there for presents for her. Unfortunately she LIKES the slutty stuff! My sis likes me to buy for her as she tends to like what I get her regardless.

Also places like Zara and H&M often have nice plain t-shirts in the boys section for that age group in nice colours.

lexcat Sun 02-Jan-11 11:37:44

Thanks didn't know about Zara and we do have one in the smart area of town that I don't often go to.

Just looked at Zara online and I think it will tick the right boxes for dd. Will have to go there next time we are in town.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: