Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

clothes for big babies

(5 Posts)
mamaloco Tue 30-Nov-10 14:11:11

Hi, I am not in the UK and I am having trouble to find clothes to fit my 10 months old.
She is out of the 86 cm soon. In french, romanian, italian and spanish designs (easily available clothing here), it is a 2 yo which is the last year with nappies, so the 92 cm is for 3 yo but without nappy space included IYSWIM, so thinner but longer.
Obviously, I still need the nappy space.

I can get to a GAP, a next and a mothercare (far away but still feasible) How are their sizing? Does their 92 cm still build with a nappy in mind?
I am hoping that UK and US clothing is bigger and has nappy space till at least 3 yo. I use to get Tesco for DD1 but she wasn't quite as big and the postage might be more expensive than the clothes.
What brand can I get which will fits my huge baby?

Thanks for your help.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 30-Nov-10 15:06:13

Mama, don't know if they will ship to you but Frugi do some baby clothes that have extra space for a cloth nappy.

accessorizequeen Tue 30-Nov-10 15:27:53

Gap is pretty small in my opinion, Next I find fairly large fitting all round. Mothercare in between although I'm not impressed by the quality there. If you buy trousers/jeans with adjustable waist, they'll probably last longer.
I haven't noticed there's a huge difference between the styling of clothes in the UK between 2yo & 3yo as you say there is in european clothes. A lot of children aren't potty trained until 3+ in UK, maybe that is why.

maxybrown Tue 30-Nov-10 18:35:16

I think european clothes are generally smaller

I find Next unpredictable nowadays sometimes big. Mothercare we always find big and wider and Gap small. Well most people find Gap small but it is made for my DS as very slender so perfect for him.

mamaloco Wed 01-Dec-10 07:38:33

Thanks, I not impressed with mothercare/or next+ either, and the prices here are high, but DD2 is going to need something soon or may be we should move to a sunny beach and let her naked all day... wink
grin will think seriously about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now