Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Kids Vests

(7 Posts)
solo Wed 24-Nov-10 15:57:49

Dd is 3.11yo and is very tall for her age, with a long body, but she's as slim as a standard 3 or 4 year old.
I cannot find any vests to fit her. They are just too short in the body, even the bigger sizes are too short even though they are too wide for her (I haven't bought any).
She's been wearing age 3-4 since she was 2.6 and I've ended up cutting 4" off a smaller vest and sewing the strip onto the bottom of them just so they cover her back; they aren't very sightly tbh, but they are working.
The thing is, now she needs wider/bigger ones, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get extra long vests from please?

TIA

domesticsluttery Wed 24-Nov-10 16:00:46

The boys ones from M&S are fairly long, certainly longer than the girls ones.

solo Wed 24-Nov-10 16:02:29

Thanks doms, I'll have a look. I certainly don't mind if they are boys and I won't tell Dd.

maxybrown Thu 25-Nov-10 18:55:18

Yeah I'd second M&S

DS is very slim and medium height - he is 3.2 and we normally need 3/4 from M&S at least. But the 2/3 vests are just fine - he has a long body too! Mind you he wouldn't want them too long either, I know the extra material would drive him potty!

solo Thu 25-Nov-10 19:04:08

Thanks maxy. Dd doesn't like the extra length either, but I hate to see her back exposed to the cold when she bends over.

maxybrown Thu 25-Nov-10 20:03:10

oh no these won't be like that! That hasn't happened to DS at all

solo Thu 25-Nov-10 22:10:06

Excellent! I will check them out asap. Thank you both for the recommendation

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: