Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

closed infant girls shoes for winter (do manufacturers think toddler girls hate puddles)?

(17 Posts)
unclefluffy Mon 13-Sep-10 10:57:28

Am I missing a trick? I can only find one pair of Startrites which are available in infant sizes and are closed on top. DD loves her pair of red patent leather sandal-style summer shoes which DH says she MADE him buy. Why isn't there anything equally brash shiney for winter?

And why do manufacturers only make open shoes for girls anyway?! Anyone would think they never go anywhere near puddles hmm. (And before anyone mentions wellies, I know, I know - I'm just not organised enough to remember to take wellies everywhere.)

I'm going to have to keep her away from the shiney, red, patent leather girls shoes and put her in boys shoes again this winter, aren't I? Or send her shopping with DH so he can face the yelling instead of me...

moogalicious Mon 13-Sep-10 11:01:59

I get boots for my girls now as I feel the shoes available aren't practical for the winter.

unclefluffy Mon 13-Sep-10 11:07:34

How do they get on with them, moog? DD isn't really running properly yet (more like stomping, I would say grin) and I wondered if boots would restrict her a bit too much. Personally, I love my boots, and I realise I might be overthinking!

Haliborange Mon 13-Sep-10 11:08:40

That's why I love Ricosta.

Expensive but warm and pretty.

moogalicious Mon 13-Sep-10 11:11:42

Haliborange - yes those style are good too and probably better for a younger dd.

My dd's are 3 and 7 are fine with boots- clarks do a wide range of boots. Next do some which are quite short (ie just above the ankle).

JustDoMyLippyThenWeWillGo Mon 13-Sep-10 11:15:41

Second vote for Ricosta. Always used to get dd a pair for winter,and they do last realluy well, so worth the money. Plus because they were pretty she would wear them..

unclefluffy Mon 13-Sep-10 11:16:48

They are nice, Halib. Do you know how they come up width-wise, by any chance? DD has wide-ish feet (Startrite G, Clarks F or G).

unclefluffy Mon 13-Sep-10 11:22:56

Exactly, JustDoMyLippy - the great thing about the red sandals is that she likes putting them on!

Haliborange Mon 13-Sep-10 11:24:08

Primigi are also worth a look if you can find a local stockist. They do the same kind of thing; little, closed boots with bunnies/flowers/girly bits.

Haliborange Mon 13-Sep-10 11:25:16

My DD was a Clarks G (now more F) but they were fine.

unclefluffy Mon 13-Sep-10 11:41:15

Oh good lord. And now I realise I can't find a local stockist for Primigi or Ricosta. I'm near Winchester (in case anyone else is...)

Thanks for the great suggestions!

Lotkinsgonecurly Mon 13-Sep-10 11:51:47

We get Kickers for dd (now 3), they come in pink, shiny pinks and all colours in between.

Most independent shoe shops do, Kickers and Ricosta. I've not had ricosta for dd but ds wears them all the time.

oneofthosedays Mon 13-Sep-10 15:04:40

We get Hush Puppies for DD, she's got these;

www.hushpuppies.com/UK/en-GB/Product.mvc.aspx/K-GR L/19773Y/0/Kids/Categories/Girls/Youth/Winnie

for this school year - they don't look it in the pic but they are nice and closed and are really hard wearing.

ATourchOfInsanity Tue 02-Oct-12 19:46:00

I just bought some of Clarks boots for my 14mo girl as they are Gortex and you can jump in puddles with them smile She stomped for a bit in them but after 2 days has completely got the hang of them and is running about as normal.
They were 50quid but when I looked at others that weren't water proofed the extra sprays took them up to the same price to protect them anyway. Plus we hopefully now don't need wellies!
*NB writer is fully aware that this is more than she spent on her own boots last year and also that her child's feet will probably grow out of her 5F's in the next hmmmm, 2 weeks or so sad

ATourchOfInsanity Tue 02-Oct-12 19:47:14

www.clarks.co.uk/p/20352409

These are the ones. V. cute smile

unclefluffy Tue 02-Oct-12 19:55:08

Just saw this in active convos, read it, agreed with every word, wondered if OP was married to my husband, and then realised that I was in fact the OP and the thread is two years old. All the posters were right, btw. DD is currently wearing Ricosta. A new supplier opened up in Winchester!

Not totally sure it was really worth going back to this ancient username just to post this, but what the hell!

ATourchOfInsanity Wed 03-Oct-12 12:05:24

Oops, sorry, my fault! Was looking up women's boots for winter on here and strayed into this (apt for me as just bought DD's) and didn't even see the date!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now