Talk

Advanced search

Protect against air pollution

(2 Posts)
helsuk Sun 28-Jan-18 13:07:12

I saw the other day air filters were being advertised. Like a sort of alexa device that you take with you and when you turn it on it cleans the air within a distance around you. Scary that its getting to this point, but really considering investing since hearing about all the things air pollution could be doing to my kids lungs. Scared of looking like 'one of those mums', what do you guys think?

hopelesslydevotedtoGu Tue 17-Jul-18 13:55:19

Hi I have recently been researching these and also wondering whether to buy pollution air filters for our home. I want to find something objective to say whether they are worthwhile and which are best though. I read one article which said to research carefully as some oversell themselves e.g. say they have a charcoal filter but actually the amount of charcoal they have won't be effective. It's hard to get enough information yourself.

I am concerned about air pollution, we don't need the allergy filters, most seem to have both.

If anyone has any experience do let me know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »