Talk

Advanced search

The Mumsnet house swaps topic is intended for Mumsnet members who want to organise house swaps with other members. It's not for individuals or companies to advertise house swaps or holiday lets.

Autumn Half Term - Yorkshire/Derbyshire for Brussels

(19 Posts)
Portofino Wed 20-May-09 21:49:37

We have a big townhouse just outside of Brussels. Think beer, chocolate, museums etc. Close to the airport/motorway with excellent public transport links to Brussels centre/Antwerp/Leuven.

We'd like to swap a week in the North for DH and I and DD so that we can visit grandparents in Leeds and sister in North Wales. Reasonably flexible about location, though country cottages are always appreciated.

We have 4 bedrooms, set up as 2 double bedrooms, 1 single bedroom, 1 playroom with toddler bed, plus airbed and inflatable toddler bed. 2 WCs plus bathroom and shower room. Garage, dishwasher, w. machine and drier.

fatzak Wed 20-May-09 21:53:31

Oh I wish I'd seem this last week before I booked Disney Paris for half term! For future holidays wink we are in West Yorkshire and although not country cottage, surrounded by beautiful countryside. Hope that you find someone to swap with smile

Portofino Wed 20-May-09 22:05:02

Always useful to know! My grandparents are in their 80s and a bit infuriating. And they have no room for us. So presuming they carry on - bloody minded enough to live til their 100s - there might be a future opportunity! I certainly should visit MORE often.....

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 21:22:11

Bumping

mrspnut Sun 14-Jun-09 21:23:40

Bugger - we don't live in Yorkshire any more but I wonder if you'd consider Lincoln.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 21:28:16

I live in derby but my house is tiny. 2 bedrooms but there's a park around the corner, close to the city centre (20 minutes walk), bigger park a little further and there's darth hamster!! No garage but parking right outside, very quiet cul de sac with 4 houses, pub a few houses down. How's this sound? Tniy house though, living room kitchen, 1 small child's bedroom (with alot of lego!), 1 double bedroom, 1 bathroom.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 21:29:43

Oh, washer, dryer etc. No dishwasher though.

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 21:41:24

Size is unimportant (unusually grin)! There are only 3 of us. How far is Derby/Lincoln from Leeds?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 21:47:32

Derby's 59 miles from Leeds www.mapcrow.info/Distance_between_Leeds_UK_and_Derby_UK.html, Lincoln's 72 miles www.distance-calculator.co.uk/distance-from-leeds-to-lincoln.htm

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 21:55:17

That's not too bad! Who is Darth Hamster? We had a hamster but the cat ate him! We have a cat. He is very affectionate.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 21:56:44

He's the hamster. grin he's really sweet. ds named him.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 21:58:05

I'd say Lincoln's prettier then derby though to be honest. The local's are nice but the building's are ugly!

mrspnut Sun 14-Jun-09 22:02:33

We live near an RAF base so if you like planes then you'll like it here. We also have the red arrows performing for us regularly.

We have a 3 bed very old cottage, with 4 reception rooms and very small garden. We have a park across the lane and 3 pubs in the village. We also have a newsagents and a larger shop as well as a few takeaways.

There are 2 bus routes from the village to the city centre and it takes about 25 minutes but there is cheap parking in town also.

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 22:12:03

Well this all sounds very interesting! Half term here will be 1st week in November. I'm not sure if it is the same in the UK?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 22:16:44

Nope, 19-30 October. Darn!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 22:18:08

We are in Paris for a week and planning on spending a day in Lille if you wanted to show us round though grin

Portofino Sun 14-Jun-09 22:28:57

Lille's nice. Lots of good shops. I have only ever been (twice) for the Xmas market which is fab.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 14-Jun-09 22:31:11

I think ds is looking for kid's fun rather then mum fun. sad

NotanOtter Wed 29-Jul-09 21:12:23

hello i am interested in tghis

we have 6 double bedrooms plus 2 cot rooms

1 bathroom

1 shower room ( large)

1 downstairs loo

Large kitchen diner all new - with AGA

large lounge

snug /tv room

near yorkshire dales

affluent town in beautiful countryside

please ask if you would like more details

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now