Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Mumsnet house swaps topic is intended for Mumsnet members who want to organise house swaps with other members. It's not for individuals or companies to advertise house swaps or holiday lets.

moving to liverpool

(8 Posts)
Loulou38 Sun 13-Dec-15 13:46:54

hi all

I am looking for some advice we are relocating to liverpool in the new year i am looking for advice on where best places to live etc

Any help would be greatfull

Thanks smile

SmashleyHop Sun 13-Dec-15 13:55:16

Depends on your budget and where you'd like to be.. More city central, near the beach, parks, countryside? I'm located in a place called Crosby- it's near the beach, about a 10 minute metro ride from city center and has great schools and shops. It's in north Liverpool- However there are some amazing places in South and West Liverpool as well.

MishMooshAndMogwai Sun 13-Dec-15 14:17:16

Oooo in jealous! I lived in Liverpool for a few years and it's fabulous. Dp is scouse so maybe one day a move back will be on the cards.

As smashley said, it depends very much on budget. Where I lived was very cheap but not very desirable, same with where dp is from.
Magull and that area is nice, North Liverpool is generally nicer I think and moving towards southport there's some lovely houses and nice areas.

Good luck!

Loulou38 Sun 13-Dec-15 17:00:16

Hi ladies

Thank you we looking at around £800 i have looked on zoople etc and price of houses is alot cheaper than down south

We moving from southampton my job is taking us up to liverpool have been a few times love the city centre but would like to live outside it where you can travell in

Its a big move as we dont know anyone we moved from ireland 4 yrs ago to southampton so we be starting all over again which is scary

Thanks smile

PolyesterBride Sun 13-Dec-15 17:09:44

I live in south Liverpool and there are lots of nice areas - Mossley Hill, Allerton, Woolton. There are two big parks and lots of shops and from most places it's very easy to get into town. Depends if you have a car or not. Or if you have kids and need good schools? If I didn't have kids I'd probably be tempted to live near Lark Lane (near Sefton Park) or even in town.

Loulou38 Sun 13-Dec-15 17:12:43

i have 13 year old step daughter

SmashleyHop Mon 14-Dec-15 14:11:58

I have a 13 yr old DS- If your looking to live on the outskirts have you thought about the Wirral? There are lovely houses there and nice schools- the metro runs through so it's easy enough access to the center of Liverpool. My SIL lives in a place called Eastham and it's so quiet and nice. Otherwise Formby, Bundellsands and Southport are nice areas north that are easy commutes on the metro. We lived in Southport for two years while we were looking for a place to buy. We found a nice 3 bedroom house to rent in a good area and it was around £600.

skywalker152 Sat 23-Apr-16 11:35:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now