Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

anything more I can do for my 7m with a cough?

(7 Posts)
bebemoo Thu 12-Nov-09 00:04:22

This is the third night of no sleep for us and I'm at my wits end...dd is miserable; I'm in tears.

Vapor rub on chest and back
Vapor plug in
Raise head of the bed
Humidity in the room
Hot bath with mint/other aromas in it
Calpol if feverish

Did I miss anything?

bebemoo Thu 12-Nov-09 00:05:55

Oh and I cannot see snot..so I cannot suck it out of her...

countrylover Thu 12-Nov-09 09:35:13

My 6m DS2 has a horrible chesty cough and is wheezing too. He was up at 5am but I'd been awake since 4am as I woke up to check on him!

I've done all of the things you mention. I don't think there's anything else you can do other than ride it out.

Personally I HATE the winter. DS1 was ill constantly throughout the winter for two years in a row until he built up immunity.

All of us had a tummy bug just 10 days ago and previous to that DS2 had an ear infection. I don't know about you but it feels like they're constantly ill. But I know once we got to DS1's third winter he only got ill ONCE. Oh yes, ONCE...so only a couple more years to go!

IslandIsla Thu 12-Nov-09 10:44:12

hi bebemoo. My sympathies... my 7 mo DD also has a bad chesty cough. She has had some coughing fits that have made her throw up, she isn't sleeping well, and we are all tired and miserable!
I've taken her to the doctors and got all the advice you list, and 'hopefully it will pass in a few days'...

bebemoo Thu 12-Nov-09 12:57:12

Thanks for commiserating. We went to the gp this morning just to double check it wasn't a chest infection. And Gp said it wasn't which is good, but it is so trying 'riding it out.' Especially when they're so miserable and you cannot explain anything.

countrylover Thu 12-Nov-09 12:59:03

I've just got back from the docs and DS2 has been diagnosed with bronchiolitus. They've given me an inhaler to use.

It might be worth taking your DC to the docs to check it isn't this?

countrylover Thu 12-Nov-09 12:59:38

oops cross posted there - glad you've got it checked out by the gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now