Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What is this and what can I use?

(6 Posts)
Overtiredmum Tue 10-Nov-09 17:56:20

DS (4 yrs) has a rash (for want of a better word) in the "Nether regions". It appears to just be around his willy, not on it, and is around his scrotum and is just red and blotchy. Any ideas? Only noticed it 24 hours ago, and assumed it was maybe where he was hot and sweaty and started itching?? He says it doesn't hurt. Have used Bepanthen on it a couple of times and whereas it hasn't got any worse, it hasn't got any better.

Sooooooooo, any ideas?

Singstar Tue 10-Nov-09 17:59:47

Try E45 or if you're into homeopathic stuff
'Madeleine's cream' is brilliant - does the job for all sorts of stuff. If its not hurting is probably is a sweat rash, hope it clears up soon

Overtiredmum Tue 10-Nov-09 19:23:32

Thanks Singstar, am just a neurotic mother I guess! Think it is slighty tender, but then location and the itching won't help!

alypaly Tue 10-Nov-09 19:25:04

could be thrush....or a reaction to ammonia in his pee

alypaly Tue 10-Nov-09 19:26:36

sorry just realised he is 4yrs not 4 months. In that case i would say it was thrush. Are his underpants chaffing him. DS2 used to get the same thing and a bit of canestan did the trick

Overtiredmum Tue 10-Nov-09 20:09:56

Don't think his pants are chaffing, so I guess it could be thrush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now