Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Decongestant for 7 month old?

(7 Posts)
jollygreenmama Mon 09-Nov-09 22:40:56

Anyone know what decongestants are available for babies under 1 yr old? Is there anything to put on clothes to sniff?

slim22 Mon 09-Nov-09 22:44:52

good old olbas oil?

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Nov-09 22:46:03

Eucalyptus oil?

Those Carvol capsules are specially made for putting near children. I find olbas oil feels like its stripping the inside of my nose even when its on ahankie several feet away!

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 09-Nov-09 22:48:33

have your baby with you in the bathroom while you run a bath. Similar thread on here about coughs etc and steaming good for that too. I always gave my babies a long bath and let the warm steamy air soften everything up IYKWIM! Works a treat - have plenty of tissues handy afterwards though!!
baby olbas oil on a tissue in the bedroom also nice during the night

skymoo Mon 09-Nov-09 22:51:28

snuffle babe - used to have it in boots when my teenager was a baby! kind of like a mild vick type thing

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 09-Nov-09 22:51:56

Vicks is suitable from 6m IIRC, rub on chest and feet. Or snufflebabe, like baby vicks.

jollygreenmama Tue 10-Nov-09 05:19:21

Brilliant mums, thanks so much :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now