Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Decongestant for 7 month old?

(7 Posts)
jollygreenmama Mon 09-Nov-09 22:40:56

Anyone know what decongestants are available for babies under 1 yr old? Is there anything to put on clothes to sniff?

slim22 Mon 09-Nov-09 22:44:52

good old olbas oil?

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Nov-09 22:46:03

Eucalyptus oil?

Those Carvol capsules are specially made for putting near children. I find olbas oil feels like its stripping the inside of my nose even when its on ahankie several feet away!

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 09-Nov-09 22:48:33

have your baby with you in the bathroom while you run a bath. Similar thread on here about coughs etc and steaming good for that too. I always gave my babies a long bath and let the warm steamy air soften everything up IYKWIM! Works a treat - have plenty of tissues handy afterwards though!!
baby olbas oil on a tissue in the bedroom also nice during the night

skymoo Mon 09-Nov-09 22:51:28

snuffle babe - used to have it in boots when my teenager was a baby! kind of like a mild vick type thing

moaningminniewhingesagain Mon 09-Nov-09 22:51:56

Vicks is suitable from 6m IIRC, rub on chest and feet. Or snufflebabe, like baby vicks.

jollygreenmama Tue 10-Nov-09 05:19:21

Brilliant mums, thanks so much :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now