Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Oh feckity feck. One child throwing up every 20 mins, the other one starving hungry and demanding food, and me on my tod!

(15 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Mon 09-Nov-09 18:55:02

Poorly 8 y/o dd is being rather neglected while I cater for her 6 y/o brother who has had the bug and now has his appetite back big time.

Emptying vomit bowls and cooking do not go well together, my friends, as I'm sure you know. Takes me back to the days when you had to break off from working on some complicated recipe to change a nappy grin.

This is one of those joyous days of motherhood in the bibbity household.

(glugs brandy)

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 09-Nov-09 19:08:22

No one cares!

You heartless biatches. I am an emetophobe you know.

I DEMAND some sympathy grin.

nicefleece Mon 09-Nov-09 19:11:19

Poor you, sounds harsh.
Switch off the computer you nutter!

duckyfuzz Mon 09-Nov-09 19:15:06

give 8yo toast

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 09-Nov-09 19:18:21

I NEED help with this Niecie. Can't do it on my own. Hence pc on.

8 y/o doesn't need food - she's thrown up 4 times in last hour.

bigchris Mon 09-Nov-09 19:20:21

put both of them in bed
dd with sick bucket next to her and dose her up

herbietea Mon 09-Nov-09 19:21:39

Message withdrawn

llynnnn Mon 09-Nov-09 19:25:02

sounds like a nightmare! u have my full sympathies

hope they both settle down to bed soon and have a good nights sleep

duckyfuzz Mon 09-Nov-09 19:25:39

6yo then - but make toast, rather than waste time here!

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 09-Nov-09 19:44:00

6 y/o fed. He now needs a bath (he hasn't had one for two days as he's been wiped out).

Dd not well enough to go to bed yet. I don't want her to feel left alone. TV is on. She is on sofa with bucket, towels, ice cubes, flannel, paper towels.

Am going to leave her on her own for 20 mins while I bath ds. She can shout up to me if she needs me.

pant pant.

MadameDefarge Mon 09-Nov-09 21:08:07

ah bibbity - have spotted this rather lated. I do hope things have settled down.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 10-Nov-09 09:49:32

and now I've got it too BOO HOO sad

and dd is at home so I have to watch her rubbish tv instead of what I want to watch.

sadsad and extra sad

Poledra Tue 10-Nov-09 09:51:31

Ohhh, sympathy - there is nothing worse than being poorly and not being able to watch your own crappy TV. last tummy bug I had, DD2 (3.5yo) had it at the same time - I was stuck with CBeebies sad

Hope you're all better soon.

corblimeymadam Tue 10-Nov-09 22:18:18

Message withdrawn

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 11-Nov-09 13:00:57

Hello bb. I didn't throw up (for I know this is what you are interested in wink) but it was a battle of wills.

Am feeling better now. Just about to eat something for the first time since Monday night.

I do feel a bit traumatised by it all, sadly. Never going to be 100% cured I suppose.

Thanks for looking out for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now