Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

High temp for 3 days now

(7 Posts)
TheInvisibleManDidIt Sun 08-Nov-09 15:41:54

Ds2 got sent home fri from school as he was sick in class. He had a heaadache, had been a bit sniffly and coughy for a couple of days.

His temp went up to 39.1 during the afternoon. Managed to get it down with calpol and a cool wash, and after a sleep he perked right up. Temp was still a bit high (in 38's) but he seemed fine.

I was working yesterday and today so haven't been around alot. He's generally been ok, but dh says every now and then he just wants to lay down, then perks up again. When I got home last night his temp was way up again but he was complaining of being really cold. Again calpol seemed to bring it down again.

Just home today and he's been sick again this morning and temp up to 39.2. I'm really getting worried, but he says he's ok- just feels a bit tired and sore.

Do I panic and take him to Dr's tomorrow? Or just put it down to a bug and aslong as he says he's ok just keep treating with calpol?

His temp hasn't dropped below 37.6 since fri. (well atleast all the times I've been here takingit)

Advice anyone please?

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sun 08-Nov-09 15:42:26

Oh, he's 7 btw. 8 in march.

comewhinewithme Sun 08-Nov-09 17:39:18

My dd was a bit like this last week she had a temp and cough and did throw up a few times.

Dp took her to the GP and he said virus and that a nasty one was going round (as usual).

Hope he gets better soon.

Jujubean77 Sun 08-Nov-09 17:42:27

I would have him seen - I think 3 days with no sign of coming down is the limit they say

TheInvisibleManDidIt Mon 09-Nov-09 09:23:52

Still not well- cough is really bad now. Have emergency appt for 10.50. poor wee man sad

comewhinewithme Tue 10-Nov-09 08:33:56

How did the sppt go?

comewhinewithme Tue 10-Nov-09 08:34:34

Appt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now