Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Head band & vomit, but been normal all day

(6 Posts)
Puppster Sat 07-Nov-09 19:14:21

DS 19 months banged his head this am, quite tearful, but couldn't see a mark and put it down as normal toddler knock.

A few minutes later he also threw up once, but I didn't see that as he was happily pottering in his room with me next door, only found the sick, and didn't really think anything of it as he had more than usual amount of juice at breakfast...

Later saw quite a bit of a bruise right on the bone of the eye socket, but only put 2 and 2 together with the throwing up much later. He napped slightly early at lunchtime (but we had been swimming) but woke normally, had huge lunch, and has been happy all afternoon.

Anyway, now he is down again and I've got the fear. I definitely would have take him to A&E if I had done the sums at the time, but do you think everything is OK now, or should I get him checked out. Am worried about bleeding on the brain etc ...

TIA, sorry it's long

Puppster Sat 07-Nov-09 19:15:35

Doh - title should be head bang & vomit

ShinyAndNew Sat 07-Nov-09 19:18:24

I think at that young your better safe than sorry. Plus you won't rest all night if you don't get him seen, even though they will more than likely send him straight home with a sticker for being brave smile

Puppster Sat 07-Nov-09 19:25:54

Thanks Shiny, might just do that

QandA Sat 07-Nov-09 19:37:15

I definitely would, being sick is one of the things you are told to watch out for after a injury to the head.

I don't want to frighten you, but a this happened to a friends DS and he did have swelling after a fall on the head and needed an operation, it was the sickness later on in the day that made them take him to the Out of hours GP and then to the hospital.

It is probably nothing, but you are better to check it out, you won't sleep if you are worried.

QandA Sun 08-Nov-09 11:44:35

How did you get on puppster? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now