Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teeth coming in a strange order - normal?

(6 Posts)
TheHappyCamper Thu 05-Nov-09 18:40:53

Hi, my 7 month old dd has got her 2 front bottom teeth (incisors) about a month ago. Today I think I can see and feel the 2 canine teeth (the fangs!)coming on the bottom. I have looked at various sites which seem to suggest that teeth usually come in the same order: front 2 bottom, front 4 top, next 2 front bottom, then pre-molars, then canines, then molars!

I guess my questions are:
-has anyone ever had experience of this?
-Does it matter? Do I need to take her to Dr or dentist?

Thanks smile

Cakesandale Thu 05-Nov-09 18:44:35

Hi I only have one dd so am no expert, but i think that they do vary - there is an order that is most common, but don't worry if yours varies from this unless the teeth are at an odd angle or otherwise abnormal.

Six years down the line I have been worrying that my dd is not losing her baby teeth in the 'usual' manner. Dentist said at check up that all is fine.

Try not to worry.

HTH

SoWhat Thu 05-Nov-09 18:45:01

I hope it is normal because DD (17 months) got her teeth in the following order: top front 2, bottom front 2, then a pre-molar on the bottom. Now she is cutting the other bottom 2 and a top pre-molar at the same time (Fun times!).

TheHappyCamper Thu 05-Nov-09 18:54:27

Oh, thanks so much for your reassuring and speedy replies. I'm glad she's 'normal' lol! They look straight so hoping all ok.

sowhat - is your dd suffering with the teething atm? It's awful isn't it when you can't help them.

GunpowderTreasonAndDragons Thu 05-Nov-09 18:57:06

All 3 of mine have got theirs in odd orders. Both DSs did the traditional bottom middle 2, then outer upper incisors followed by the middle top ones - they looked like vampires for months. DD got the bottom middle ones and then filled in the top 4 from left to right hmm

SoWhat Thu 05-Nov-09 19:00:55

Yes, TheHappyCamper, she is really suffering at the moment. She has been fine with the others but the pre-molars seem to be really hurting her. She is very restless at night. It is awful for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now