Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

green vomit in 6 month old

(5 Posts)
conkertree Thu 05-Nov-09 12:46:14

My 6 month old has been vomiting this morning - after every feed (bf) and at other times. The vomit either is milk, or it's green bile. Looked it up online and lots of things say it can be a bowel obstruction but the whole family have had a cough this week, and I wondered if it was just cause he can't cough up the phlegm so well.

Any advice on whether to speak to a doctor, or should I wait and see whether it calms down itself this afternoon?

luciemule Thu 05-Nov-09 13:06:07

If the sick more slimy in consistancy than usual sick - rather like phlegm - then it will probably be that BUT because your DS is only 6 months and because it could be something else, I wouldn't hesitate to take him to GP. Just to make sure it isn't anything serious.

conkertree Thu 05-Nov-09 13:56:31

ok thanks - it is quite slimy - but will phone and see what they say.

meep Thu 05-Nov-09 14:16:45

conker there is a vomit bug doing the rounds - accompanied by a cough - both mine have had it.

No green here - but she wasn't on anything but water and milk for a few days. A few slimy one though.

I phoned the doc anyway just to check I was doing things right - happy to say she is now on teh mend. Hope your ds gets better soon.

lucysmum Thu 05-Nov-09 14:23:23

My DD had projectile green vomit as a symptom of a bowel obstruction (intersuception) when she was 6m old. Also had 'redcurrant jelly' stuff in her nappies. I had to keep persisting to get taken seriously so if you are concerned don't let the doctors fob you off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now