Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS licking around his mouth and has sore skin

(11 Posts)
cloudwine Wed 04-Nov-09 15:31:47

We've tried lipsalves, vaseline, sudocrem, fucidin, E45, but none of them seem to make a difference for more than a few hours. His skin is varying from red raw to dry and peeling.

Anyone else had this problem with their DC? We can't get a doc appointment till Friday and he's getting really upset.

Thanks

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 04-Nov-09 18:18:27

Message withdrawn

cornsilkwearscorsets Wed 04-Nov-09 18:20:43

My ds does this. I put 8 hour cream on him while he's asleep and it really helps. 8 hour cream is THE best thing for chapped lips and skin.

displayuntilbestbefore Wed 04-Nov-09 18:22:14

yes, my dc has done this - he does it without realising he's doing it and I try to mention to him each time to remind him to try not to as it gets really sore. Nothing seems to work, simply a case of dc remembering not to do it and trying to break the habit IME.

Disenchanted3 Wed 04-Nov-09 18:23:10

diprobase is what we use and it does help,

ILoveGregoryHouse Wed 04-Nov-09 18:24:26

We got a very mild hydrocortisone cream from doc and it worked well. Other option is a lot of vaseline.

missingthepumpkin Wed 04-Nov-09 18:32:56

I'm another Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream fan. Used it on very dribbly DD (now 16 and less dribbly) who had constant redness round mouth and chin when about a year old. Seems to be extra sticky so stays on longer and repels spit longer - it's not a cream it's like vaseline but, well, stickier. Apparently Catherine Zeta Jones used it on her ds's nappy rash biscuit.

Maybe you need something that tastes a bit yukky to help break the habit? (Is that a very old fashioned thing to suggest?)

cloudwine Sun 08-Nov-09 16:42:20

Thanks all

Doctor prescribed...............vaseline! Agree with slathering the cream on whilst they are sleeping, but Elizabeth Arden is just for me wink

Sooty7 Sun 08-Nov-09 22:56:34

Message withdrawn

cloudwine Mon 09-Nov-09 16:45:13

Sounds interesting sooty. Never heard of it. Where can I buy it?

Sooty7 Mon 09-Nov-09 20:28:10

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now