Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

19 mo dd complaining of sore legs

(3 Posts)
dillinger Wed 04-Nov-09 11:31:55

Just wanted to ask your advice - for about 2 days now dd occasionally tells me she's got sore legs. They arent red, hot, swollen or anything and she is running about as normal.

Dp and I have had a cold, Im feeling almost 100% now, ds (3) had a temp a couple of weeks ago but seems fine now also and dd has been okay so far (touch wood!)

I think Im a bit concerned as when ds was about the same age he was taken into hospital with a suspected infected hip and whilst I know dd isnt meaning her hip Im just a bit edgy. (I should also add that when ds was complaining about his hip he was in obvious pain, and walking with a limp etc.)

I also wonder if because dd's vocabulary is still somewhat limited she may not be exactly meaning what she is saying, if that makes sense.

Shall I just keep an eye on her? That might seem obvious blush but a little advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

Thankyou smile

melonian Wed 04-Nov-09 11:59:24

Hi

Have limited medical knowledge, but if she's running about I would say it's v.unlikely to be anything that needs urgent treatment, so if I were you I would give it a couple more days, see if she forgets about it and if not then see your GP. Sometimes after a virus you can get muscle/joint aches so maybe she has had your bug.

dillinger Wed 04-Nov-09 12:12:35

Yes thats another thought, I know in the past I wouldnt get the sniffles, sore throat kind of thing but I would ache. So maybe its that, thankyou for reminding me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now