Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox in 11 mo?

(7 Posts)
tethersend Tue 03-Nov-09 20:19:27

My DD (11 months) has had a cold for few days, now seems really grumpy and whingy and has one large fluid-filled spot on her hip...

...Could this be chicken pox? What should I do if it is?

I know I need to keep her away from pregnant women, but should I stay away from them too?

First baby, and I'm a bit of a crap mum. Have no idea, any advice appreciated smile

kcartyparty Tue 03-Nov-09 21:19:15

Could be chickenpox. Keep an eye on the spots. Does dd have any spots anywere else?

tethersend Tue 03-Nov-09 21:38:30

Not that I can see- wasn't sure how many spots to expect on a baby. What should I do if it is? Is it worth taking her to GP, or is that just a waste of time?

Thanks for replying smile

corblimeymadam Tue 03-Nov-09 23:00:17

Message withdrawn

babyOcho Tue 03-Nov-09 23:12:31

DD had chicken pox 2 weeks ago, she's older (19mo).

It started with 2 spots on her back the next day 1 on her chest which looked like insect bites. Then she got a few more and then 1 had fluid. I took her to the doc and they confirmed it was and gave her some cream incase she itched (she didnt). She wasnt ill with it either, just had a few spots on her body.

They need to scab over before they are no longer infectious, it took about 1 week.

And although she wasnt ill with it, she did get an ear infection immediatly after, I think her immune system must have been weakened by it.

I took my DD to the docs just to be sure. CAll the surgery in the morn if she has more spots and you want to know - they made us wait outside when we went.

kcartyparty Wed 04-Nov-09 22:35:35

Hi Tehthersend, how is your DD today. Any more spots?

tethersend Fri 06-Nov-09 10:54:51

Oh, thanks for asking kcartyparty- she is fine now I think; only three spots though! they haven't crusted over yet, but don't seem to be giving her much trouble.

Thanks for all the advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now