Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD and her multiple rashes -any ideas anyone?

(10 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Mon 02-Nov-09 10:23:57

DD is nearly 10.

1.Every now and again, particularly after a shower, she comes up in a red itchy rash around her chest, neck, back of neck, side of her face etc. Some raised areas but mainly just very red.
I wondered about shampoos and shower gels but the itching doesn't happen every time.

2.Over the last few days she has developed an itchy area on the palm of her hand. Theres a small patch (size of a 20p coin) of raised tiny spots, colourless (but not blisters).

Any ideas anyone as shes driving me mad with her whingeing mentioning it all the time?

BlueBumedFly Mon 02-Nov-09 21:18:46

Do you clean the shower head with anything in particular? Could there be resisdual cleaning product on the head of the shower sometimes and not at other times?

Could she just have the heat too high? Heat rash perhaps? Sounds odd but I think it is more common than you might think.

Also could be chlorine, sometimes our tap water tastes foul, really chloriny and then at other times it is fine. I am guessing the levels of chlorine/flouride in the water is different at different times of the day, the morning seems to be the worst time.

As for her had it could be eczema, try an OTC cream that the pharmacist could recommend and see if it responds maybe?

NorbertDentressangle Mon 02-Nov-09 21:30:45

Thanks fly.

I think the heat suggestion is probably most likely (that combined with the concentrated products in the head/neck area ie.shampoo).

Re:hand -DD gets v v occasional eczema on the backs of her knees but it never occured to me that this could eczema too. Seems a strange place to get it so it so didn't cross my mind!

cookielove Mon 02-Nov-09 21:36:09

My dp gets a red rash across his face, neck shoulders, after using shampoo, and certain shower creams, they worsen if he leaves them on his skin for two long.

Large red flat blotches all over, although they don't itch. Does that sounf similar?

pointydogg Mon 02-Nov-09 21:51:53

The itchy blistery rash sound slike pompholox (check spelling), a form of eczema. Go to gp. It is treated like any eczema.

It sounds as if your dd has a tendency to eczema and senstive skin. Dd2 gets all sorts of rashes and hives and bumps (especially after a shower) for no obvious reason.

pointydogg Mon 02-Nov-09 21:52:32

People tends to get pompholox on teh palms and soles of feet.

pointydogg Mon 02-Nov-09 21:53:17

aha, here it is

NorbertDentressangle Mon 02-Nov-09 22:00:40

cookielove -that does sound the same only DD says it itches

pointy -yes, sensitive skin. Will look up pompholox (never heard of it before)

Thanks

NorbertDentressangle Mon 02-Nov-09 22:01:30

oops X'd posts as I got distracted by a text mid-typing blush

cookielove Mon 02-Nov-09 22:07:08

just asked do and he says it def doesn't itch but i can imagine that ot prob will affect different people different ways

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now