Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

ds1 and toothache - any ideas or dentists around?

(6 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Sun 01-Nov-09 22:27:27

Ds1 is 9 and not prone to crying with pain. He has been awake for 45 mins now having woken up with one of his fangs/incisors being wobbly and very painful. It's a sharp needles type pain and isn't going away after maximum dose Neurofen and calpol.

Any ideas? Please? <hopeful emoticon>

MamaG Sun 01-Nov-09 22:43:05

Have you got any anbesol/bonjela/teething gel in? I know oil of cloves is supposed to help but God knows who'd have that in.

Otherwise, a hot water bottle wrapped ina soft towel and applied to his mouth (just resting his mouth/cheek on) should help a bit.

Not a dentist BTW, but sister is

Poor boy

Notquitegrownup Sun 01-Nov-09 22:44:49

Thank you. We tried bonjela - and then frozen peas. Will go for the hot water bottle - and will convey your sympathies too.

Any other ideas much appreciated. We will try almost anything.

MamaG Mon 02-Nov-09 08:11:54

How is he doing this morning ? My 10 yo lost a tooth last night, oddly, and is feeling really sore this morning

Notquitegrownup Mon 02-Nov-09 13:05:06

Combination of your sympathy (ds1 'gets' MN completely), the drugs, hot water bottle and Match of the Day 2 worked wonders. Today he's feeling battered but glad to be alive/pain free.

Thanks.

Oodles of sympathy for your dd/ds too.

smile

MamaG Mon 02-Nov-09 14:46:23

Good, I'm pleased. Hopefully my DD is ok at school today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now