Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD is nearly five and has never been to a dentist - that's really quite bad, isn't it?

(8 Posts)
peggotty Sun 01-Nov-09 20:50:27

Her teeth are brushed twice a day etc but she hasn't ever been to a dentist. I've not been to a dentist either since my mid-teens I think blush. i'm 33 now, luckily I appear to have good teeth, never get toothache etc. I need a kick up the arse to register us with a dentist. Do children still see dentists via schools?

cat64 Sun 01-Nov-09 20:54:00

Message withdrawn

TheFoosa Sun 01-Nov-09 20:56:06

my dd only started going at 6, I was told off by the receptionist shockbut her teeth are fine

ABatDead Sun 01-Nov-09 20:57:59

Don't worry about it. DS1 has seen a dentist once in his life for a quick check. No problems but will needbraces later on.

Brushng teeth day nd night and plenty of fruit and very little sugary food is key to keeping good healthy teeth for kids.

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 01-Nov-09 20:59:01

My experience of school dentists is that if they find a problem, they tell you to see a dentist!! And like cat says, it is only once if you are lucky.

It would be worth investigating a dentist for her - you can still find NHS dentists I have heard tell!! hmm

Ours is NHS for the DC, but sadly and obviously not for me.

peggotty Sun 01-Nov-09 20:59:31

glad I'm not alone Foosa!

LeonieBooCreepy Sun 01-Nov-09 21:06:49

Message withdrawn

LeonieBooCreepy Mon 02-Nov-09 17:01:48

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now