Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 yo - large red blotches, fever??

(2 Posts)
Comma2 Fri 30-Oct-09 22:50:42

Help please, my dd 2yo has a few single red blotches-- they look at first like somebody grabbed her too hard, then get bigger like palm of my hand almost, with a pale center...one of the centers looks bluish like a bruise, but it is really large, covering almost the entire side of hte bum, with a red ring around...

She had one on her chest which went away in three or four days, then one on her bum which got bigger, now two more on her shoulder and lots of little red ones on her legs that look like they might turn into big ones.

They don't really look like bruises that are caused by rough housing...not like the ones she always has on her shins from bumping into stuff.

Also I think she had a low fever today and her last set of molars came out. She doesn't nap much anymore, but sleeps fine at night.

THis is freaking me out and I don't know whether the doctor is in tomorrow-- also I am due with a baby and need to settle whether this is something contagious!
Please, anybody??

claudialyman Fri 30-Oct-09 23:05:28

Could you try giving NHS Direct a ring and describing what youve said above to them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now