Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS sick due to trapped <boak> phlegm?

(5 Posts)
PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 07:31:58

Sorry - gross I know. But DS has just been sick after coughing a bit - think he had trapped phlegm - sick was just green and water though not... not like with a bug.

Is it okay to give him some breakfast? He was upset at being sick but fine now - clambering on me to read a book, which I shall...

He is 2.

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 07:45:44

anyone?

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 08:07:40

Ok, well it was a mistake feeding him, as he has just brought back up an entire cup of milk. So a bug I suppose. <talks to self>

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 30-Oct-09 10:08:50

I imagine the green was bile rather than phlegm. If I were you, I'd just give him diluted juice or plain water. Try to make sure the water is not freezing cold, my dd always voms the lot back up if it is, which is a PITA as she won't drink warm(ish) water.

PoisonToadstool Fri 30-Oct-09 14:16:51

Thanks kreecher, sorry I didn't see this earlier. He was sick once more at about 8.30 but thankfully nothing since then - just giving water him water and some toast for lunch, he has perked up - hopefully that's that. I always get scared it's a bug and we'll all get it and have days of misery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now