Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler with Angleman Syndrome won't eat...

(5 Posts)
boundarybabe Thu 29-Oct-09 18:34:00

Posting for my sister - 3 yo niece has Angelman Syndrome which may or may not be relevant. She has always been a good eater but the last few days she has eaten virtually nothing and has been sleeping loads. Today she has eaten a couple of biscuits, yesterday it was a few breadsticks. Sister initially thought she was having a couple of off days but is getting worried now as she doesn't seem to be snapping out of it. She's obviously going to contact the docs in the morning but any advice in the meantime? Anyone with experience of this with suggestions?

Ta

herjazz Thu 29-Oct-09 18:41:31

sounds like she's coming down with something

think as long as she's drinking that's fine. Being off her food for few days really won't harm her - important to watch out for dehydration though

Agree with taking her to see GP for check in the morning

Millarkie Thu 29-Oct-09 18:48:49

Has she any spots anywhere - my ds was sleepy and off his food when he got hand foot and mouth virus - turns out he had mouth ulcers which put him off eating. The few spots he had on his legs didn't turn up until a few days later.

boundarybabe Thu 29-Oct-09 18:58:50

Will get sis to check for ulcers. She's had a cold but I think sister is worried that this may be something else - because she doesn't talk I think sis is more tuned in to the little signs IYKWIM?

Dadcam Tue 03-Nov-09 14:58:02

Hi BB

Hope your niece is feeling better now?

Our wee girl has AS and is 3.5 yrs. Funnily enough she hasn't eaten much over the last few days, I put it down to the full moon wink

She is normally a good eater - when she is hungry she will eat all day, but other days she will eat little.

I guess you generally know deep down when your wee one is just off form and when you should be looking for professional advice.

If she hasn't already done, the Angelman charity, ASSERT, may be able to guide her on eating issues.

Anyway, I was mainly posting to see where you sister is based and what the background on her Angel is.

We're in Glasgow and DD2 has UPD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now