Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How long is too long with no poo?

(3 Posts)
pookamoo Wed 28-Oct-09 17:48:31

DD is 11 months. Not really into her solid food, gets most of her calories from bm, although she "eats" 3 meals a day (well throws them on the floor mostly but hey ho!)

She hasn't pooed for over a week now. Her poos are still the runny breastfed type, and she normally goes once or twice daily. She seems fine in herself.

How long before I should worry?

JJsandcat Wed 28-Oct-09 19:24:07

My dd is 12 months and has been on solids roughly since being 5 months old. The doc then said that once a day is normal or could be every second. She did 2 a day until about a week ago. It's now every second day or in the nights [argh].

If you notice no change in her behaviour, no temp, same same, then I'd go for a week and then check with your doc. Can you call her Paed? Or your GP? Just to check, you know.

My dd has a strong body and when she had a slight tummy bug it wasn't apparent at first coz she was still a happy little thing but a strong physique can mask underlying problems. Turns out she can't take cow's milk. Pretty easy, case solved.

Good luck!

pookamoo Wed 28-Oct-09 22:39:17

hmm, has already been a week, maybe I will call the HV tomorrow and see what they say. I just thought it was usually little tiny babies this happened to. One of my friends' babies went 16 days once, but he was less than 12 weeks old I think. DD is almost a year, but hardly eats any solids (BLW - her choice not mine!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now