Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does this sound like a bug?

(8 Posts)
TinaFay Sun 25-Oct-09 21:42:52

My 2yr old DS was sick last night. He'd been fine all day, but was sick several times in the night. He's been fine again today, apart from not having much of an appetite, but he had a little soup for lunch and some toast for tea, has been playing happily, but has just been sick again.
Am very confused as why would he be sick again when he's kept everything down throughout the day?
Any ideas anyone? I'm feeling very worried.
Tina

JanJanJanJan Sun 25-Oct-09 21:54:31

Hi, from experience with my children, they can be fine during the day but their temperatures raise from about 4pm onwards.It does sound to me like he has a bit of a bug.

kitkatcadaverqueen Sun 25-Oct-09 21:55:11

snap! I think it is a bug tho because dd is the same. ds has been ok temp wise all day too and now its gone up again.... is odd tho.

stressedbutluvem Sun 25-Oct-09 21:55:41

Could well be a bug. My DS' were poorly in August, V day 1 and day 5 generally off colour in between was really weird. Viruses can be really weird. One thing to think about however is has he been having regular bowel movements. Being bunged up can make then V. Hope he's ok.

kitkatcadaverqueen Sun 25-Oct-09 21:57:26

good thought sble my ds is constipated - dd isn't tho.....

seeker Sun 25-Oct-09 21:59:58

What is worrying you? What are you thinking it might be?

TinaFay Sun 25-Oct-09 22:08:27

I don't know really, seeker. I just think it's odd that he has seemed well all day, only to be sick again tonight. My experience of bugs has always been that you throw up until you get whatever it is out of your system, and then you start to pick up. I've no idea what else it could be - just being a fretful mother I guess!

seeker Sun 25-Oct-09 22:14:52

I honestly wouldn't worry. If it was related to something he's eaten, then you would expect the throwing up to reach a peak, then calm down. Viruses and that sort of thing follow different patterns. Try to make sure he's drinking little and often, and if he seems much worse, or pale and listless, get to the doctor. But if he's all right in himself (as they say) I'd just wait for it to go away. Welcome to the world of incomprehensible illnesses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now