Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 yr old blood in underwear.

(13 Posts)
Clare123 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:22:19

My little girl has had a tiny bit of blood in her underwear. I am so so worried what this could be from. Has anyone else had experience of this? I am phoning the docs first thing. She did have a UTI as a baby, and has recently complained of tummy aches. Do you think it could be that?

lindsaygii Sun 25-Oct-09 21:35:53

If you are frightened then going out on the internet to find out everything it could be is going to make you worse. Leave it till the doctor has seen her.

Clare123 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:37:33

I know. I have just done that and it has totally freaked me out. All terrible.

Chickenshavenolips Sun 25-Oct-09 21:40:32

My eldest son had a drop of blood in his pants before, turned out to be a UTI. Other than that, could she have scratched herself?

Clare123 Sun 25-Oct-09 21:45:50

I don't know. I asked her if it hurt down there and she said no. I said does it hurt to wee, and she said no. But she has complained a lot of tummy ache this week. I will phone asap to get an appointment.

kitkatcadaverqueen Sun 25-Oct-09 21:48:30

my dd had a tiny drop of blood in her nappy when she was v tiny and I was told it was fine - never happened again and later she did suffer from uti's - she had kidney reflux. Talk to out of hrs gp tonite.

lindsaygii Sun 25-Oct-09 22:26:43

Honestly. TURN OFF THE COMPUTER and wait till you see the doctor. Please!!

hester Sun 25-Oct-09 22:48:43

I feel great sympathy for you, Clare - your mind must be racing. But you are looking for reassurance we can't give you. Go have a cup of tea and five chocolate biscuits, and try to keep calm till you see the doctor.

Clare123 Mon 26-Oct-09 20:55:07

Went to doc. She has a UTI - doctor checked her sample, and said there is definitely blood in her urine and some infection. She is on antibiotics. I think it must be due to her first term at school and wiping herself. Poor little thing. No wonder she kept saying she is tired and has a tummy ache. My poor baby.

Thanks for your support last night. The internet can be a nightmare!

kormaAAAARRRRGGHHchameleon Mon 26-Oct-09 20:58:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lindsaygii Mon 26-Oct-09 22:54:46

What a relief. I'm VERY pleased it's not more serious. Although still, poor little mite..

I was actually thinking about you today - worrying!

Clare123 Tue 27-Oct-09 14:42:49

Thanks Lindsay. I was so worried, esp. after looking on the internet.

hester Tue 27-Oct-09 18:45:07

I'm so glad that's all sorted, Clare. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now