Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Greasy hair-7 year old DD

(7 Posts)
wolveschick Fri 23-Oct-09 21:31:53

DD1 has very greasy hair. Getting to the stage where it is washed one night then greasy the next day. Is this ok or should I be worried-also any recommendations for shampoo-have been using adult ones for 'normalising' (they dont say greasy on the bottles any more) but dont seem to have much of an effect. Feel really sorry for her at school when she comes out looking like rats tails.

GooberIsLockedInTheBootOfMyCar Fri 23-Oct-09 21:38:50

My DD was just the same. Hair also had a particular smell to it too!(Pawwwwww)
She is now 13 and has used Original Source Mint and Tea tree shampoo for many years. It is very nice, I use it too sometimes.

GooberIsLockedInTheBootOfMyCar Fri 23-Oct-09 21:39:49

Not expensive either; £2 ish.

wolveschick Fri 23-Oct-09 22:13:26

Thanks Goober. Will buy some tomorrow

raphael7 Mon 26-Oct-09 15:21:08

my dd1 uses loreal especially for hair that goes greasy made a bid difference to her - tesco has loads of buy 1 get 1 free

Earlybird Mon 26-Oct-09 15:27:56

Is she using conditioner? Make sure she's not using an enormous amount, and also check that she is thoroughly rinsing it out. Conditioner residue makes dd's hair look greasy much faster.

Buntytea Mon 26-Oct-09 15:30:42

Also check that when she washes her hair she actually massages the shampoo onto her scalp, at the hair roots. It's quite easy when hair is wet to just put the shampoo on top of it which will not get rid of any grease already there.

Also try putting her hair up, into a pony tail or something, as I personally find this stops my own hair from becoming greasy quite so quickly.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now