Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Recurring chest infection

(4 Posts)
tigersmummy Fri 23-Oct-09 14:57:23

My DS had pneumonia at 14 months and was kept in hospital for 2 nights. Obviously we're quite jumpy about his chest now and he has another chest infection now and is on antibiotics. His breathing is laboured and he sounds awful, probably sounds worse than how he is actually feeling.

Because of his past I'm bit worried about going to stay with family more than 3 hours away, but DH and family think I'm being overprotective and fussy. But we'd be over 30 mins away from hospital if he got worse and doctor was quite concerned as well due to his medical history.

Am I being fussy?

pinknosedevereux Fri 23-Oct-09 15:57:29

When are you supposed to be going?

Chaotica Fri 23-Oct-09 16:03:59

I'd be worried too (we canceled a trip recently because DD had a chest infection). How old is he now? What kind of mood is he in? (I've found that's a better indicator, although DD was running about while she was in hospital and it didn't fool them.) How long are you going for? Go with your instincts on this one (and feel free to say you won't go).

tigersmummy Fri 23-Oct-09 19:20:28

He is fine in himself, very cheerful and running around, so think has pretty much answered my question. He's no way near as bad as he was when he had pneumonia so that's good.

He's 21 months and we're only away overnight, but know from experience how quickly they can deteriorate.

How long did your DD take to improve with antibiotics?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now