Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox with barking cough and fever 38c

(7 Posts)
pinknosedevereux Fri 23-Oct-09 13:44:05

Dd (7.3)Has been a bit off since Sunday,

Wednesday started with a rash and fever, then definate blisters Thursday morning and feeling better.

Thursday night high temp again and horrible barking seal cough! Calpol melts(what a fantastic invention)helping a bit.

Do you think this definatly Chicken pox? The spots are already less angry looking and no more developing as far as I can tell.

Just looking for a little reassurance NHS direct website suggests taking to GP; but I don't want to spread CP around surgery.

pinknosedevereux Fri 23-Oct-09 14:45:44

bump Temp now nearly 39c poor little mite feeling really rotten.

mankyscotslass Fri 23-Oct-09 14:48:11

I think chest infections can be a comlication of CP, you probably need to at least speak to your GP.

pippylongstockings Fri 23-Oct-09 15:00:38

I agree, phone your GP - I have always found NHS direct to be very un-concerned and pretty laid back about stuff.

pinknosedevereux Fri 23-Oct-09 15:06:06

Have called nhs direct a nurse is going to call me back.....

Chaotica Fri 23-Oct-09 15:29:05

GP if no joy with NHS direct (although DD had a high temp and was very sick with CP and she was fine). Someone else locally got pneumonia as a complication so please get her checked.

pinknosedevereux Sat 24-Oct-09 15:07:57

DD a little better today; ice lollies and calprofen seemed to help, but we had to wait until dh came home for them.

NHS Direct next to useless, just reeled off a list of stuff and totally ignored what I told her, wish I had not bothered.

I suppose there isn't that much to be done for her, but I just wanted some reassurance, I thought that's what the thing was set up to do? Instead every time I have rung them they are so desperate not to miss something they only worry you further.

Thank you for your replies.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now