Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

mushy/runny poo

(2 Posts)
stressedbutluvem Fri 23-Oct-09 10:03:14

Any ideas please. My 1.11DS2 has had a bit of a cold and cough for about 3-4 weeks. GP said chest clear 3 weeks ago. Older DS also had nasty cough, nothing new for him, has mild asthma and he has just started in reception. DS2 had very little appetite for over a week now and then had loose poo now since monday, 3-4 times a day. No sign of tummy ache, ok in him self,very active mon/tues bit of a temp and lethargy wednesday but soon settled just looks tired now but stilll on the go, Maybe slightly subdued for him. Tonsils are up a bit but says no if I ask does anything hurt.Eating bits here and there. Still BF 3 times a day. Really don't think it is a tummy bug thing, any one experience of tonsils etc causing runny poo?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 23-Oct-09 22:12:25

Not normally but a lot of people with swine flu get similar symptoms - has he had a fever? DD got SF (I was clinically confirmed and DS got it too then a week later she got it) and only got a cough and an upset tummy.

Tonsilitis can cause tummy upsets though because of all the extra swallowed saliva and they drink lots but eat very little because they are in pain. Also pain killers can have some interesting gastric side effects (which stop when you stop taking them in case you are worried).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now