Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

11 months old with large cut on finger, what can I use?

(5 Posts)
glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 08:14:24

Hi,

My 11 months old DS cut his finger yesterday on one of his teeth (they are like razors & I have been cut a few times with them). He has just cut his 6th tooth and fingers are constantly in his mouth, he got a fright yesterday when a dog barked outside, whipped his hand out of his mouth and cut his index finger.

The skin had formed a wee flap and this fell of as he was crawling about.

The cut itself is about 1cm long and just under 0.5cm wide so not big for you or I but big enough for a child! To be fair to him, it does not seem to be bothering him at all.

I have been putting an antiseptic cream on and trying to keep it clean but that really is easier said than done for a boy who only sits still to eat!

I am wary of putting a plaster on as I feel he would not be happy until he had it off and it would go straight in the mouth!

Today it has gone that kind of green colour that often happens with these things.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can use? At a loss.

Thanks for reading and TIA for any advice, very much appreciated!

MamaG Fri 23-Oct-09 08:15:38

I think I'd take him to practice nurse at GP surgery as I'm a bit of a wuss with green injuries!

glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 08:23:36

Was thinking about that MamaG, will try to get an appointment today to see her but usually have to book well in advance!

nobid Fri 23-Oct-09 08:29:19

Does your local hospital have a minor injuries unit?

glasgowlass Fri 23-Oct-09 09:28:03

They wont see children at the minors unit, would have to go to local children's A&E & I dont think it is that serious TBH. Have tried to get appt with nurse at surgery, she is fully booked but will give me cancellation if one occurs.

Failing that if it gets worse over w/e, will try to get him to out of hours service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now