Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

can anyone recommend one of those remedy things to take through the winter for better health?

(8 Posts)
mad4myboys Thu 22-Oct-09 20:52:12

mainly for ds1 who is 3. He has asthma which is bad in winter, and he always ends up getting croup which results in asthma worse and then a chest infection. I give him multi vits, when i can get them in him. He does have a healthy diet but being in preschool etc he does end up with every thing in winter, i want to build up his immune system. ecchineaca(sp) doesnt seem to do anything

i have seen a few of these syrups about..

an example of what i mean

OurLadyOfPerpetualBloodSucker Thu 22-Oct-09 23:32:09

I find sambucol pretty good. It seems to knock viruses on the head.

For the croup (and asthma), www.buteyko.co.uk or www.buteyko.com are worth a look.

mad4myboys Fri 23-Oct-09 09:39:54

sorry i dont understand the first link? Ive seen that breathing technique before but couldnt see my ds doing it tbh

bubble2bubble Fri 23-Oct-09 09:47:09

I've been giving DD1 Sambucol since the summer as she gets tonsilitis at the slightest hint of a cold and so far she's the only one in her class who hasn't been off sick ( including teachers ) - so I think it's a wonder product. Should add I have always taken elderberry myself as an anti viral & I definately always thought it made colds less severe if not stopping them altogether

duende Fri 23-Oct-09 13:53:49

how about probiotic drops, i.e biogaia? they help both their immune and digestive systems.

OurLadyOfPerpetualBloodSucker Fri 23-Oct-09 19:12:03

Bubble said it all much better than me.

Buteyko can be used for young children, a more simplified version.

I did a rather expensive workshop in it a few years ago, but I think now you can get books and DVDs.

It's supposed to be really efective for asthma and it definitely unblocks stuffy noses.

mad4myboys Sun 25-Oct-09 20:20:14

duende, those drops sound good, just googled, but is there anything you can get that does that priobotic (i.e their tummys) but also help prevent colds/getting run down aswell? Or am i looking for a wonder product that doesnt exsist?

mad4myboys Mon 26-Oct-09 20:20:29

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now