Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is there a decongestet you can use from birth?

(6 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Wed 21-Oct-09 14:02:02

ds2 is 6 weeks and full of cold amd im sure i read on here there is one you can use from birth
my hv has been round today and said i can use olbas oil but put it near him and said it will be ok to use a bit of snuffle babe and iv been steaming him in the evenings
hes ok during the day but the last 2 nights have been hard where hes so snotty hes hard to settel

AwayWithTheFaries Wed 21-Oct-09 14:02:52

sorry left hand typing! decongestant!!

SparkyMalarky Wed 21-Oct-09 14:03:14

Saline drops - get them from the chemist - it's horrible squirting them up their little nose, but they work a treat

CuppaTeaJanice Wed 21-Oct-09 14:03:26

Saline drops?

whingeomatic Wed 21-Oct-09 14:04:43

You can get saline nose drops from the gp (or chemist if you don't mind paying!!) - just squirt them up and it makes the snot runnier so it can drain away (nice...)

We had them on repeat prescription when dd2 was newborn!!

AwayWithTheFaries Wed 21-Oct-09 14:19:36

iv got saline drops but they dont seem to help that much and hes got a chesty cough so i wanted to try and help the cough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now