Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Remind me of my own rule

(4 Posts)
hobbgoblin Tue 20-Oct-09 11:18:44

To not take a child with tummy upset to GP as there is nothing they can/will do except tell them to keep fluids up (as I am doing) and watch for signs of dehydration.

There really isn't any point is there?

DS who is 6 has been poorly since Saturday afternoon with horrible colour and shivers to begin with and now liquid poo since Sunday afternoon. No sickness but he has agoinising stomach cramps it would seem from what he is saying.

Is alright right at this minute, just wobbly but the cramps are a bit less.

Drooper Tue 20-Oct-09 19:27:50

How is he feeling now?

I would follow the same rule for a straightforward tummy bug, but might ring in for advice if he had abdominal pain or nasty cramps as well.

It's horrible seeing them in pain isn't it.

hobbgoblin Thu 22-Oct-09 21:00:29

Thanks for your reply.

He's on the tail end of it now - has lost lots of weight I think to look at him

The other DC have it now so I am knee deep in minging laundry!

hobbgoblin Fri 23-Oct-09 20:18:42

i seem to have it now, other dc all developed similar symptoms this week and now me

due to sivering, sneezing and temp i thunk it could be swine flu maybe...what am i supposed to do if bf 13 week dd? i understand i am supposed to keep feeding

i am in bed and is very awful to sit up so may check back v sporadically

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now