Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

measles?

(8 Posts)
Hther Mon 19-Oct-09 16:47:10

DD aged 4 has been coughing for 2 nights, now has high temp and sniffles and watery eyes and cries when the lights are on and begs for them to be turned off,

now says legs hurt and has slept a lot today, is there measles going round atm, no rash yet, but i thought the runny painful eye sympton sounded a bit like it and i know rash takes 3 or 4 days to appeaqr

Ledodgy Mon 19-Oct-09 16:50:09

Look in her mouth and see if the inside of her heeks has any white spots. These koplik's spots pecede the rash in measles and give a good indication to if it is measle so not.

Ledodgy Mon 19-Oct-09 16:50:18

*cheeks

Ledodgy Mon 19-Oct-09 16:51:25

*precede god my typing is rubbish today!

Hther Mon 19-Oct-09 16:52:16

tried that nothing there yet

Ledodgy Mon 19-Oct-09 16:53:04

It may just be a virus, there are some really nasty ones about at the moment. I'd get her to the gp though to rule out anything nasty.

Hther Mon 19-Oct-09 16:55:25

she has only just got over stomach bug bless her

Ledodgy Mon 19-Oct-09 16:58:59

Aww I hope she feels better soon. It's that time of year september-february in this house! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now