Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 yr old vomited 15 times in 4 hrs a week ago, but now worryingly lethargic

(3 Posts)
kitkatter Mon 19-Oct-09 15:18:43

Hi. So grateful for thoughts. My DS2 is 2.5 yrs old. Last Mon night from 6pm-10pm he vomited 15 times (called NHS Direct). Woke next day totally normal.

We've been in France for a wedding over the weekend. On Sat lunch time he ate no lunch then slept on me and was sleepy all afternoon, could not play with toys etc.

Put him to bed and he slept 5pm - 7am!

He woke yesterday (Sun) and ate some breakfast but afterwards 'crashed' again and just wanted to sleep on me.

Got back on Eurostar last night. He went to bed early and slept 6pm - 7am. Ate good breakfast today and played well til 11am when he crashed again and just wants to lie down or sleep on me.

Just spoke to duty doctor. No need to see him unless he has a temp or if no better within 3-4 days in total.

He has a very low appetite (but drinking water fine) and red cheeks. NO TEMPERATURE which is so odd. No rash or head injuries.

What could this be? Doctor thinks it's prodromal symptoms as a precursor to something that might show itself in 3-4 days, if at all.

TIA.

kitkatter Mon 19-Oct-09 15:27:47

Forgot to add he had a runny nose (clear snot) over weekend, and this morning it turned green. But it stopped at lunch time. The mystery deepens....

Maybe he's tired from the travelling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now