Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Just noticed an odd looking rash on DD1's front and back

(8 Posts)
HeinzSight Sun 18-Oct-09 11:02:45

they're like little red dots, some bigger than others. Not sure whether it's a heat rash, the dots seem a bit too big to be a heat rash.

She's been a bit out of sorts the past few days but I wouldn't describe her as being ill.

I know it's hard to give advice because you can't see the marks, but wondering what people think.

I'm going to look at the NHS direct website.

FlamingoBingo Sun 18-Oct-09 11:03:49

have you doone the glass test?

HeinzSight Sun 18-Oct-09 11:05:32

just about to do it now,

LIZS Sun 18-Oct-09 11:14:21

most probably a viral rash which appears at the tail end of a cold or similar. Do glass test to check though

HeinzSight Sun 18-Oct-09 11:24:20

they disappeared when I did glass test.

She has had a bad cold, it lasted a few weeks but she was mostly over it a week or so ago. Could it be like you say LIZS a viral rash connected to this cold?

FlamingoBingo Sun 18-Oct-09 11:45:06

Mine often get non-specific viral rashes. If you're worried, then see a dr. I think you're instinct will tell you whether to worry or not. How is she in herself?

castille Sun 18-Oct-09 11:58:23

roseola maybe? That causes mild symptoms, then a few days later a rash which explains the out-of-sorts behaviour.

helpYOUiWILL Sun 18-Oct-09 20:34:02

has she got bright red cheeks? slapped cheek virus maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now