Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD (5) bedwetting again - am approaching wits end!

(3 Posts)
womblingfree Sun 18-Oct-09 09:30:48

Obviously it's not her fault, but what is frustrating me is that she was dry at night before she was three and had gone 2 years without wetting the bed.

It started around April/May and we put it down to nerves about starting school. When she did start we went about a month without it happening but now it's back again and is pretty much every night - sometimes more than once.

She has settled in OK, made friends and loves school (had to keep her off one day this week cos she was a bit under the weather with temp and she begged to go in!).

If I could understand why I feel I could deal with it, but as it is I don't know where to start.

Tried lifting before, but (perhaps cos she's now at school) am finding it impossible to rouse her enough to get her to the loo. Don't want to resort to PJ pants, although have had to on a few occasions.

Took her to the docs a while back and nothing apparently wrong. DH doesn't see the point in taking her again but I can't think what else to do.

Any suggestions - am getting desperate.

LeonieBooCreepy Sun 18-Oct-09 09:39:01

Message withdrawn

fishie Sun 18-Oct-09 10:07:34

ds is 4.5 and wets the bed when he is very tired, he just doesn't seem to wake up. how often does she do it? if wet most nights then you'll probably have to take her to the loo in the night, if dry most nights then i'd wait it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now